Sunday 27 January 2013

Braised pumpkin with chicken soup




Today I was browsing the net and got this wonderful recipe. Although the original recipe has asked for crab meat, I have replaced the crab meat with chicken and modified the recipe a bit to my Bengali pallet. The end product is a hit and even my neighbour has appreciated it. So, I thought,' let me share it with you'.



Ingredients

  • Pumpkin - 250 gms ( cooked and pureed with skin off)
  • Pumpkin - 100 gms ( thinly sliced)
  • Chicken stock - 1 cup
  • Chicken 100 gms( boiled and shredded)
  • Chicken powder-1 cube ( I tried Maggi chicken cube)
  • Corn Flour - 1/2 tsp (to glaze)
  • Salt and Turmeric ( a pinch each)
  • Spring onion- Julienned, to garnish

Cook 3/4th portion of your pumpkin in a microwave and puree it in a blender with little salt.

Add olive oil in a pan and heat it through.

Now add remaining pumpkin pieces and fry it a little.

Add chicken stock and pureed pumpkin and mix well. You may add a little turmeric here to get a rich color.

Add shredded chicken and cook it covered for a while till the pumpkin pieces are done.


Add 1 crushed chicken cube and the corn flour dissolved in a little water and mix it well. Finally, garnish the soup with the spring onion juliennes and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...