Wednesday 27 November 2013

Shapla r Bora

I have learnt this recipe from my  maid who is from Bangladesh. I used to see this Shaplas in our local market, but never dare to buy it, since I didnot know how to cook them. Once I was talking to my maid casually and mentioned the abundance of Shapla in the market and she immediately told me why don't you bring a bunch, it makes a perfect snack. So, next weekend, it featured in my grocery bag and here is the outcome. I must admit, the preparation of the vegetable is a bit tedious job, which would not happen unless she does it for me. But afterwards, the recipe is very easy, simply arrange them in a bamboo stick, make a batter of your choice and deep fry. It is really yummy. we had it with rice and dal, you can serve it as evening snack as well with a hot cup of tea.


Ingredients:

  • Shapla - a bunch
  • Besan - 2 tbsp
  • Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
  • Salt as required
  • Kalojire or Kalonji seeds - a pinch
  • Oil for deep frying





Remove the flower and the outer layer of the stems of shapla. Cut into fingers. Take 5-6 pieces together and pierce a bamboo stick through the middle. Soak the in salted water for 15 minutes.


Make a batter by mixing Besan / Gram flour and rice flour with water. Add salt, finely chopped green chilli and kalojire / kalonji seeds. Let it sit for 15 minutes. 



Heat oil in Pan. Now dip the shapla sticks into the batter and carefull place the in the hot oil. Deep fr till it becomes golden brown.


Serve with tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...