Sunday 21 December 2014

Apple Walnut Cake

I had a wonderful experience last weekend when we, the Kolkata Food Bloggers' have arranged for a first of it's kind Bake Sale event. There I met a bunch of talents and got the chance to taste their creations, and needless to say, they were super delicious. All the goodies are super soft, fresh from the oven and made with so much love that I am simply bowled out and started feeling guilty for not trying hard to improve upon my baking skill. 
So here is the result of that guilt feeling, my first ever Apple Walnut Cake, and it was like Hoo Hoo.... Though I am not completely happy with the texture, ( it should be a bit less crumbly, a tiny little bit) but it tastes heavenly. Thank you my friends from Kolkata Food Blogger group to give me the courage and assurance that this can be recreated in my humble kitchen.


  

Ingredients


  • Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
  • Eggs - 2
  • Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
  • Salt - a pinch
  • Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp
  • White Sugar - 1/2 Cup
  • Brown Sugar - 1/4 Cup
  • White Oil - 3/4 Cup
  • Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
  • Peeled and Chopped Apples - 2
  • Toasted and Chopped Walnut - 1/2 Cup

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C. Prepare a loaf pan smearing oil and placing butter paper. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and keep aside. Dry roast the walnuts and chop when cooled.



Combine the flour, nugmeg powder, two types of sugar, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.



 Add oil, eggs and vanilla essence and stir gently until combined.



Fold in the apples and walnut. 




Scrap the batter into the loaf pan and bake until a fork inserted at the centre comes out clean. I have done it for 50 minutes.





Serve warm with your cup of Tea or Coffee.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...