Friday 17 April 2015

Choco Raisin Cake

Ahha...My first ever cake where I have used whole wheat flour and olive oil instead of butter. 
This recipe is adapted from my fellow blogger Rakhi's blog, 'My world of baking'. If you remember, some days back, we at Kolkata Food Bloggers had an event called 'Know your bloggers' and every week one of our friend was the star of the week and we all have tried some recipes from her blog and posted it online. Ok, I could not manage to keep pace with it for 'n' number of different reasons but I have promised myself that whenever I get the chance, I will complete the event on my own. So, last week, when I saw her post on this raisin cake, I immediately decided to give it a try. It was really yummy and well accepted in my family. I am also happy and feeling less guilty of stuffing the family with calories since some part of the cake is whole wheat flour and it contains olive oil.  




Ingredients


  • Whole wheat flour: 1/2 cup
  • All purpose flour: 1 cup
  • Sugar: 1 cup
  • Eggs: 2
  • Vanilla essence: 1 teaspoon
  • Baking powder: 1.5 teaspoon
  • Cocoa powder: 3 tablespoon
  • White oil: 1/2 cup
  • Milk: 1/4th cup
  • Raisins : 1/4th cup

Beat the eggs well. Add powdered sugar through a sieve and mix well.



Now add oil, milk, and vanilla essence.



In a deep-bottom bowl, add the whole wheat flour, APF, cocoa powder and baking powder. Sieve atleast twice to get a fluffy cake.



Now add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in two batches. Mix well till you get a thick, lump-free batter.



Fold in the soaked raisins. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Pour the batter in a greased cake pan. Make sure that batter fills up only half the baking pan. Sprinkle a few chopped raisins on the top surface of the cake.



Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven. Set aside to cool.



Slice and serve with your favorite cuppa.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...