Monday 28 December 2015

Tutti Frutti Cookies

These buttery, sweet pretty cookies are perfect for a quick treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Of late, I have started baking cookies during weekends to make the supply sufficient for a week or so, to have it with morning tea or may be for a quick munch during the day. Sometimes I pack it for myself and hubby as small snack in office and for my kiddo's on the go snack for tuition classes. They donot take much time to prepare and I feel good that I am feeding my family something the ingredients of which I am quite aware of. The images are not very perfect, will upload fresh image next time I bake them.


Ingredients

  • All purpose flour - 2 Cups
  • Butter - 1 Cup
  • Sugar - 1/2 Cup, Powdered 
  • Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
  • Tutti-fruitti candy - 1/2 cup or more







Using a hand mixture, beat the butter until smooth and creamy , then add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.  Beat in the vanilla extract.


In a separate bowl seive the flour, mix tutti-fruitti and set it aside.



Gently stir in the flour mixture and tutti-fruitti into the butter sugar mixture just until incorporated and become a dough. 



Roll out the dough to form a log and flatten both ends, cover and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.  


Preheat oven to 180 degree C with the rack in the middle of the oven. On a lightly floured surface cut the dough from one flat end into ¼” thick rounds as shown below. Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.


Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.



Enjoy with your cup of tea or coffee.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...