Sunday 8 January 2017

Fresh Bombay Duck Fry

Quite out of the blogging world for some time now, though getting the urge every now and then to open the laptop, browse through the endless number of folders containing endless number of photos captured during many of my cooking spree but somehow not able to manage the expectations in other areas of my life effectively to get some me-time for myself to indulge into blogging.Today morning when I was working on my laptop, suddenly felt the same urge again, and this time decided to write something, post something new, how trivial it may seem, but, yes, I am having my blog mostly for myself, so why not post a simple Bombay Duck fry !
We cook Bombay duck, known as Loitya machh in this part of India, in typical bengali style too, I already have posted some here.
The recipe for this fry is taken from a Parsi cookbook. You may check my other parsi delicacies here.




Ingredients

  • Bombay Duck - 8-10 pieces
  • Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
  • Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
  • Gren chilli paste - as per taste
  • Salt
  • Turmeric
  • Kashmiri red chilli powder
  • Rice flour - as required
  • Oil for Frying

Marinate the fish pieces with ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste and put some heavy weights onto the fish pieces. 



Make a thick paste of rice flour, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and juice of ginger.



Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip the marinated fish pieces into the batter and fry well.



Fry carefully in batches till the outer layer is crisp. Make sure not to break the fish, since bombay duck is a very tender fish.



Serve immediately with a dash of lemon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...